A World of Change: Climate and Community Workshop
By 2100, if we continue to develop as we are today, the earth will be virtually unrecognizable. The future is uncertain, yet there are things we know and things we can do. This workshop addresses how a changing climate might impact nations, communities, societies, and families in the coming years, and explores opportunities to collectively and individually respond now. Through facilitated discussions, participants will envision life in the Okanagan Valley in the distant future, not-so-distant, and immediate future. The goal is to gain a deeper awareness and understanding of how the choices made today impact the quality of life in current and for future generations. Participants will be encouraged to explore their own vision of the Okanagan Valley, share their ideas with others, and identify key opportunities to shift to low carbon development in the region. The goal is to identify common visions and consider plans of action that proactively address the biggest issue of the 21st century.
The Okanagan is Changing! Join #OkanaganCollege and #GECCO for an in-depth educational workshop designed to help you learn, grow, reflect and act on climate in your community!
By the end of the workshop, you should be:
- Better informed on the impact of climate change in the Okanagan Valley
- Prepared to learn more about the subject
- More engaged with other like-minded people
- Inspired to take action individually and in conjunction with others to institute changes
During the workshop, you will:
- Hear from local climate leaders in video interviews
- Participate in online discussions
- Hear success stories and cases that illustrate how change happens
- Explore a wide collection of climate resources and local connections
- Share, reflect, and develop your own ideas and viewpoints in conjunction with the larger group